As health care professionals, we encourage you to be proactive in advising students, families, and staff to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you or someone in your household falls ill.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth - this is how germs spread.
- Cover your coughs and sneeze with a tissue and throw it immediately in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects using spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (Source: CDC).