As the warm weather approaches it is clear we need to revisit our safety procedures regarding the pick up and drop off of our students. It is imperative that we all observe these safety procedures. Over the past two months we’ve had a minor vehicle accident as well as many near misses. Your patience, understanding, and support is very much needed so all 439 students are safe getting out of their families vehicle.
The Oak Bluffs School staff does everything it can to encourage parents to follow the rules and maximize the flow of traffic. The staff knows that your time is precious, but the safety of every student is our first priority. Below are the important safety precautions that need to be followed.
- SLOW DOWN when pulling up to drop off or pick up your child. At no time should anyone be going more than 10MPH.
- Pull up as far forward along the curb as possible before stopping your vehicle. There should be very little room between your car and the car in front of you.
- Please do not cut in front of another vehicle.
- Say your goodbyes before your turn to unload – this will help keep cars moving in line.
- Students are to exit their vehicle only on the passenger side. Ultimately, students must be able to get themselves out of the car without any help from their parent.
- Parents are to remain inside their cars – never leave your car unattended.
- Please follow the directions of staff members on duty.
- Children are to always walk on the sidewalks.
- Students can be dropped off in the morning beginning at 7:50AM
- Students in grades K through 4th grade line up in front of the school. On days of inclement weather line up will be in the main foyer.