Many of us are gearing up for the busiest travel days of the year....
A few tips for long drives:
- Stop by the public library and borrow books/ audio books for entertainment
- Pack healthy snacks and water to avoid upset stomachs during vacation
- Make frequent stops to allow students and adults to stretch and take a break. Try doing something fun along the way: a quick game of tag at a park or exploring a "roadside attraction," try to break up the drive.
- Consider traveling when children can sleep in the car, nap time for smaller children or evening for older one.
- Pack a plastic bag or bucket....just in case someone feels ill.
- Pillows, toys and blankets always make the ride a little cozier.
Whether you are traveling off island or enjoying time on island, enjoy the break!