Dear Parents & Guardians of Students in Grade 8:
The High School Registration Process will begin this month! The following is a schedule of the upcoming events for students in Grade 8 at Oak Bluffs School:
- Friday, January 25 @ 9:00a.m. (Location: Oak Bluffs School) John Fiorito, Freshman Counselor at Martha’s Vineyard High School will be speaking to eighth grade students about their upcoming transition to the High school. Also, students will have opportunities to further engage in transition topics by asking questions.
- Monday, January 28 @ 9:45-11:00 (Location: Martha’s Vineyard High School) Students from Oak Bluffs School will receive a guided tour and detailed information about the High School.
- Parent Night Orientation: Tuesday, January 29 @ 6:30pm (Location: Martha’s Vineyard High School) Parents and guardians will receive information from High School Administration about classroom schedules, academic/social expectations, and required paperwork to complete for participation on athletic teams.
- February (Specific Date TBA) Current eighth grade teachers will provide class-level recommendations for students in ELA, Math, Spanish, and Science. The written recommendations from teachers will assist school personnel with placing students in appropriate classes.
- Please discuss with your child(ren) about selecting classes in preparation for their Freshman Year and their long-term academic goals, too.
- In order to assist with class selection, students and parents are encouraged to view the Program of Studieson the Martha’s Vineyard High School Website. Here are the steps to view the Program of Studies:
- Log on to the Martha’s Vineyard High School Website (www.mvrhs.org)
- At the top of the home page, click on “Academics” and then click on “Program of Studies.”
David Weinberg, M.Ed.
Guidance Counselor @ Oak Bluffs School (Grades 5-8)
Email: email@example.com Phone: (508) 693-0951 (X276)